Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring is here!

We have come out of hibernation; seeing signs of Spring everywhere. Buds on trees, daffodils & tulips coloring many flowerbeds, itchy eyes & runny noses and of course the sound of birds singing. I placed 2 bird feeders in my yard; the few birds I thought I would feed has turned into many birds....they must have a communication system faster than e-mail: "Come on over to house #3114, they have free food!" And with birdseed at $9.00 a bag, I might have to rethink this!

Lots has happened since my last entry....we moved to a different rental (that makes 3 moves in less than 12 months, if any of you are counting). It is a much nicer house and we are centrally located so our commute is a little easier. We moved to be closer to John's office and Jordan's school (he will be attending Northwest Christian School this fall).

Our home is only 10 years old...the newest house I've ever lived in! I love it. It's easy to clean! Brianna says she has her "dream bedroom"....very light & sunny, window seat, built in book shelves with cute nooks here and there (pictures to come). Each of the boys have their own room as well. A very open floor plan with vaulted ceilings.

My favorite part is the location and the yard. Our neighborhood is very quiet; we are at the end of a street with 2 fields and a playground within walking distance. Our yard has beautiful trees and lots of wildlife: pheasants, quail, wild turkeys and lots of deer (not sure yet if that's a good thing...they gnaw away at anything). Our dog, Penny, loves it here as well. She is only 9 months old and doesn't quite understand that she is a "Bird Dog"...she gets a little spooked by the pheasant. John installed an invisible fence so that she won't get out. Jordan decided to "test" it on himself...and it dropped him to the ground! (we agree that he should probably take up a profession in the theatre) Actually, when it ZAPS our dog, she just jumps back with a little squeal.

John is working very hard trying to get the business going. American Family Insurance is coming down hard on him to pump out the policies. He has Brianna working for him full-time. She picked up the system in 3 days! She is a great help. The plan is for her to work full-time until the fall when she will continue her college studies at Spokane Falls Community College with the hope of transferring to Patrick Henry College by fall 2010. Whew! That was a mouthful! John is so AMAZING in what he is doing! Starting a new career (at his age?) He also maintains that status as WORLD'S GREATEST HUSBAND AND DAD. How does he do it?

I am pluggin' away at being a wife, mommy, teacher, daughter & friend. The "teacher" part of my life is winding down. We hope to be finished with school by mid-June and then I hope to be working part-time for John's agency (an all out family affair). This summer should be restful and quiet. I hope to visit my parents in June (my mom is going to have a valve replaced in her heart!) I want to be there for her. Other Summer plans are to just enjoy Spokane...lots of hiking, biking, swimming and taking in the local events. I have heard people say that Spokane is "just big enough and just small enough" and that means there is plenty of malls, shops and events to feel like a big city and enough people & country to feel like a small town.

All in all, God continues to amaze us with his care, mercy, grace and provision. My prayer is that He draws you in and helps you with whatever you are going through.

"For God alone my soul waits in silence; From him comes my salvation. He only is my rock, my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken." Psalms 62:1-2

2 comments:

tiffany marie said...

Beautiful entry Tiffany! You have SOLD me on Spokane's Summer Time! Can't wait to come be a part of it all! So glad you love your new place and that things are settling down into a nice groove for you. I'm very excited for Jordan starting school in the fall! I'm sure he is too. I can't wait to come be a part of little leagues and visit the kids sports...oh I'm so excited!

Família Amaral said...

Hello friend! I thought you had lost your password to your blog! I am so happy to hear the news about your new place and new season! Brianna sent me your new address but I lost it. :(
Would you send it for me again?
Muita saudade de ti!
Simone