
March 5th, John & I celebrated our 20th Anniversary!! Wow! As we look back on our great adventure we stand amazed that God was so kind to us. To say that we are truly blessed is an understatement: 3 healthy children, wonderful friends, provision beyond that which we deserve - we are most thankful. And although John still leaves clothes behind the bathroom door and although I am still neurotically organized, we were made specifically for each other and look forward to the next 20+ years of growing in patience and kindness and love.
To celebrate our big day, we had many friends over for a BBQ. We didn't know that the custom, here in Brazil, is that you bring gifts for anniversary parties. We were showered with gifts; towels, a clock, a tea set, a tablecloth, candies, dishes, & flowers! We were able to share our testimony with our friends about God's blessing in our marriage and we passed out a small picture frame with the verse from 1 Corinthians 13:5-8 about "Love is patient, love is kind...." (in Portuguese) for each family.
5 comments:
I'm glad you had a wonderful anniversary. It sounds like a great way to celebrate with all your friends! I wish I was there! Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers daily and that we love you very much. (ps. love the pics!)
You guys just keep getting more and more good looking as you get older! I love all those pictures!
Happy Anniversary you guys!! I love the little photo collage.
Hugs from the Webers. xo.
P.S.Will you have some time in CA before you move on to Spokane?
Of course you know what I'm thinking--can we see you!!?
I can't believe it's been 20 years. I feel so old now. Ray and I celebrated 15 this year. How exciting for you two and such great pics..you guys are timeless.
You can check out my blog at:
http://dawndo.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment