Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Back To School







Well, it's that time of year again. For us, here in Brazil, we are just finishing our summer and headed into fall...which is back to school time! I love shopping for school supplies...pencils, crayons, backpacks, etc. Brianna started her on-line course at Citrus; this will be her 2nd semester there. She is taking a Political Science & a writing course. Jordan is in the 6th grade at Salesiano, a school that is a bike ride away. He likes his school and has made progress by leaps and bounds in his Portuguese. Our little Caleb started pre-school! It is so strange for me; I homeschooled for 12 years and now 2 of my children are attending school (outside of our home)! We decided to enroll Caleb because he needs to learn Portuguese and at home we speak English. His exposure to Portuguese is limited to church and an occasional friend who comes over. The 1st day of school, he cried (I did too); I waited outside the classroom for 1/2 hour and then left. When we picked him up, he told us how much fun he had (and that he fell on his bottom in the bathroom). The next day, he didn't cry at all! Doesn't he look so cute in his little uniform? His classroom only has 15 kids. His teacher is very sweet and spent an extended time with us before classes started asking us many questions about Caleb's needs/behavior and what the goals of the year would be. It is the only Christian school in town (Jordan's school is a Catholic school). Please pray that my kids have a fun school year, oh! and learn stuff, too.

2 comments:

tiffany marie said...

I LOVE THE PICS! PRESCHOOL IS SO MUCH FUN! Tell Caleb I am so proud of him and so excited that he gets to go to school and meet new friends! I can't wait to hear about all the fun things he gets to learn, see, do.... :)

Anonymous said...

I love these!!! Caleb is looking so good and sooooo big. It was great to talk to you. Thank you thank you!!!! Have a great week.