"Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!.....even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me." Ps. 139:7-10
I am re-reading "Trusting God" by Jerry Bridges. Every time I read this book, I am deeply challenged. God is gently showing me areas of my heart that are unfaithful to God! Can I trust Him? Is He good? I am trying to speak God's truth and commit the following verses to memory:
I am re-reading "Trusting God" by Jerry Bridges. Every time I read this book, I am deeply challenged. God is gently showing me areas of my heart that are unfaithful to God! Can I trust Him? Is He good? I am trying to speak God's truth and commit the following verses to memory:
"Consider what God has done: Who can straighten what he has made crooked?" Ecc. 7:13
"There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord." Prov. 21:30
"For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart Him? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?" Isaiah 14:27
"Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, " If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that." James 4:14-15
"There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord." Prov. 21:30
"For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart Him? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?" Isaiah 14:27
"Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, " If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that." James 4:14-15
I am trying to keep in perspective the trials that we face in comparison to trials my friends are facing here in the states, in Brazil and many other countries; trials that are life-threatening, trials that involve persecution, trials that involve the need for the basic necessities of life.
I am trying to fix my eyes on eternity. One day, when we are there, our life here on Earth will seem like just a moment in time. Thank you Meghan and Ryan for writing this song: "Oh to see you Jesus, I can hardly wait! To behold the One I love!" It's my new favorite song!!!
I am trying to fix my eyes on eternity. One day, when we are there, our life here on Earth will seem like just a moment in time. Thank you Meghan and Ryan for writing this song: "Oh to see you Jesus, I can hardly wait! To behold the One I love!" It's my new favorite song!!!
1 comment:
Praying for you guys, my friend.
Post a Comment