Thursday, June 5, 2008

Moving Day -May 15, 2008






Well, the day arrived along with several people willing to give up their Saturday morning to help us load the container....again.
When I found out that we were moving our stuff back to the U.S. I responded with a heavy sigh. It is quite an ordeal to move internationally. Each box has to have a detailed list of its contents and its value! as well as numbered...we reached 216.
Since this would be my 2nd move internationally, I learned from experience the "do's and don'ts" We actually gave quite a bit away and didn't have as much to pack.
Up until the day before the move, we weren't even sure if our stuff was going into a container. The port was on strike! But by God's perfect timing, the day before the move, the strike was settled! Yeah! Our stuff is due to arrive in the states sometime at the end of June. I'll keep you all posted.

1 comment:

tiffany marie said...

I love how passionate you both are for the work there in Brazil, for missions, for reaching the lost, for setting aside the comforts of the American life and giving it all to the Lord in faith. God is so amazing and so in control of this whole move and this season of change. Who better to have in your corner than the God of this universe and the Master Planner of your lives!? Luv you guys!